Which is more Important: Networking or your Resume?
When you lose your job, the first piece of advice you typically receive is to update your resume, making sure you have as many key words you can find to help your resume get noticed. Then your next step is going to Monster.com, Indeed.com, etc. and applying for as many positions as you can.
And then wait yet with no, or very little, response.
If that has been your strategy and it’s not working or you want to get back to work quicker, there is a better way - - it’s called Networking!
Networking is everything – it is about relationship building and it helps your chances of employment, increases your contacts and can help improve your business.
In this workshop you will learn:
· How to improve your networking skills
· How to feel more comfortable meeting people
· How to build instant rapport
· How to make the most out of a networking event
· How to increase your networking contacts
· How to add value to your network
· How to sustain good personal and business relationships
· How to use LinkedIn more effectively
· The importance of social media and networking
Who: Presented by Tracey Aiello
Where: Medaille College, 1880 Winton Rd South, Suite 1, Rochester, NY 14618
When: Wednesday, September 19th from 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm
Seating is limited and you MUST register!
For more information, please call Dana Voldan at 585-272-0030 or email at: email@example.com